generated by sloganizer.net

Friday, September 15, 2006

The Sleeping Sickness...

I do not know how to describe the past two weeks. They have been filled with a sick baby that just keeps getting sicker and the family who is just getting sicker with her.

It all started as a cold, then a respiratory infection. As that got better then came the stomach virus. That start last Saturday morning and hasn't stopped yet. The poor thing hasn't had anything substantial to eat in nearly a week. We're trying the BRAT diet and boy let me tell you, it does indeed make her a BRAT! Hell, I'd be bratty too if you made me drink formula with pedia like and eat things like bananas, toast, rice, etc.

David's been sick, I've been sick and then pinched a nerve in my shoulder.

Just when I got to the end of my rope I get an email from a colleague who also has a daughter in daycare with Zoe. It appears there is a kid who's been sick with a bacterial infection for MONTHS. His father never takes him to the doctor and my colleagues theory (she's a biologist by the way, to lend her some credibility) is that this kid is making all of our kids sick. I'll tell you, I'm buying it becuase Zoe has been sick non stop since she got into daycare and has been on antiobiotics pretty much constantly. It hasn't made any sense...but I had no idea this kid wasn't getting medical attention.

I'm so pissed about the whole thing, and so is my colleague that we are going to only start paying for daycare the days that our kids are well enough to be there. We are the responsible ones, WE are the ones taking our children to the doctor. It's not our fault that daycare only enforces their wellness policy when it revolves around diarrhea or a kid who is vomiting! What's a little mucous among friends?

I'll tell you what it is...it's bacterial pneunomia in a 7 month old and chronic ear infections and reactive lungs in a 9 month old!

I'm going to start billing this fucker who won't take HIS kid to the doctor for MY time away from work, MY doctors visits and MY kids prescriptions.

All the while these poor kids who have responsible parents are living with sick children that don't have to be.

That's my rant for the day. Don't think we're just bitching to bitch here. We're writing a letter and meeting with the center owner (there currently is no director) about enforcing their policy. I don't care if I have to stay home with zoe when she's sick...but she's been sent home for having loose bowels while that little petri dish sits and slobbers all over the other kids at will.

The good news now - Happy Baby Monkey has finally mastered crawling!!!!! Grandma can relax!!! The brain is developing right on schedule!

No comments: