generated by sloganizer.net

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Recapturing Your Youth or Something Better

I've just finished reading the daily blog of one of my favorite musicision whom I have a love/hate relationship with and I'm just blown away. He's finally gotten off of his high horse (this guy once actually called me out on the net for called music piracy a Robin Hood class misdemeanor - although he did straighten me out on how much musicians make off each CD and it's ATROCIOUSLY little) and has started writing again.

It made me hurt to read his words. It made me remember back to when I was 19 and falling in love with his music for the first time during one of the most troubled and painful periods in my life.

It made me want to write...again. It also made me realize how much I love this. I'm too ADD to keep a scrapbook, so this is it. It always has been. My poetry was my scrapbook for years because I hated seeing myself in photos but now that I'm happy I can't write poetry anymore.

What does that mean for you? It means you are get the by invitation only (HA) front row seat to my rebirth. I rediscovered that breathy feeling when you read something powerful and remember that even though your stuff will NEVER be as good as what just made you feel all breathy that you are also in the same club as the people you admire.

You're a writer.

It's been ages since I breathed the scent of good words and excitement. It's been years since I've been revved up enough to stop and say "I remember why I loved this"

David has always felt I've wasted my talent and packed away my creativity and although he's mostly right (although I'm really not all that talented) I want to unpack it, dust it off and try again. Maybe it's time to finally finish that short story I've been working on for 13 years.

I've also been surfing the net today and checked out the Post Secret blog. If you've never seen it you should. It's amazing. It's funny, maddening, tragic.

I have terrible heart burn right now and I miss David, who I haven't spoken to all day. Our 4th anniversary is soon. Four years of marriage and 6 years of love together. He's still the coolest person I know and I'm so proud of the fact that we think our daughter is the most fun person to hang around and that on the odd occasion, we spent a Monday evening doing Vodka shots and playing Scrabble.

I won on Monday. I was pretty proud!

He's my best friend, it's that simple. Do you want to know how effing lucky I am? On Sunday I was in a shitty mood and I apologized and his answer was "Baby, even when you're in a bad mood there still isn't anyone on earth I'd rather spend time with". And it wasn't all sappy...it was just...cool. Matter of fact. Just like him.

Talk about taking people as they are...he has more compassion than anyone I've ever met. And somehow I got him to committ the biggest act of compassion ever - he married me!

I am a very lucky girl. Me and HappyBabyMonkey got it made with that man. We are the luckiest girls in the world!

No comments: