generated by sloganizer.net

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Singer of Songs

I used to be a rational adult. It's not that I don't have a fun side. I think that most people who know me will tell you that I have a real soft spot for bathroom humor and can be a pretty funny person.

I never thought I'd be the parent who sang the songs. You know which ones. The ones you sing them to make them laugh, get them to poop, get them to stop crying, etc.

Zoe likes anything sung to the tune of the old Fraggle Rock theme song but most especially she likes the tune to "Clementine".

I can't get it out of my head:

"Oh my punkin, Zoe Duncan
Oh my punkin Zoe Mine
You are sweet and oh so pretty
oh my punkin Zoe mine"

There's more, and it changes every time usually imploring her to do something like stay still or poop - but I'll spare you.

What's worse is when I sing it I sound drunk. What I'm even more afraid to admit is that I like singing it.

No comments: