generated by sloganizer.net

Friday, April 28, 2006

Nose Miner's Daughter

This morning when I dropped Zoe off at daycare there was a very sweet exchange between a mother and her daughter. They were racing to the door and giggling together and just generally having a good time.

As the mother signed her daughter in, daughter clasped closely to her side I noticed that the little one was picking her nose rather enthusiastically. I don't mean half heartedly at all...a genuine mining expedition. And then...

She
Ate
It.

That wasn't done absently either. She looked at it, thought about it, popped it in mouth and smacked her lips delicately as if letting a good wine "finish".

The world sort of stopped for me in that moment, and in slow motion I saw her mother bend down and kiss her on the lips completely unaware of what had just taken place.

Inside my head I could see myself screaming slow motion-like, like in the movies "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" but nothing came out.

I just stood there frozen in awe and horror. The 3 year old that always resides in the back of my head cackled nastily and chanted "you just kissed a booger mouth, you just kissed a booger mouth". I felt my mouth curl into a little half smile and thank GOD for that little 3 year old in my head because the woman looked at me just then and I must have still been smiling because she said "I bet you can't wait until she's old enough for this stuff".

Yeah lady. I can't wait. And when my time comes I bet I'll never even think of it.

But until then...YOU JUST KISSED A BOOGER MOUTH.

No comments: