generated by sloganizer.net

Friday, June 02, 2006

Somewhere In Time...

It all goes by so quickly. I don't know exactly how many days have passed since I updated this but I already know there are some many things that Zoe has done that I won't be able to document them all!

Let's start with a section called "New Things that Zoe Does"

(1) She can EAT! They told me she'd been doing it well at daycare for a while now, but she never wanted to eat babyfood at home. She would just sit in the high chair with a look that said "Are you RETARDED? LEARNING IMPAIRED? Would YOU eat that?"

Last Saturday night she just decided she would show ME. So she eats now and her favorite foods are apples and peas and sweet potatoes (not all together of course). The fun thing here is that she already likes to feed herself. She wants to hold the spoon....hard. Her favorite place to grasp the spoon (logically) is in the bowl of it, where the food is. It's the closest to her mouth. That makes feedings fun!

(2) She is starting to be able to sit up a little, which is very exciting. She loves to be on her tummy to play or in her exersaucer, but she really wants to be a part of the action.

Anyone need a miracle for their child who MUST be in the middle of everything but can't sit up for herself yet? Try a Bumbo Seat. It looks a pod for Yoda to sit in, but it's a freakin' miracle!

(3) She is learning to make OTHER people laugh. It started when she was sick and David would cough at her to make her laugh (I know, she's weird). A couple of days ago she started "fake" coughing before she made any sound. Then, I had a bad allergic reaction that sent me to the ER and robbed me temporarily of my voice. When Zoe heard me try to talk she laughed, and did a fake cough and started grunting at me. Well that got me giggling, which got her giggling and now she's doing funny things to make Mommy and Daddy laugh.


I've got some new pics that I will post from Mothers day and beyond, someday Lord, when I have more time. I should be able to keep up a little more frequently now.

My next post is going to be must haves for every new mom. Feel free to comment and I'll keep the list going!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One thing you need to add to your "must have" list for new Mom's is an "Uncle George".. HA! XO XO
Uncle George